At Eatonton First
- We put Jesus first.
- We love the Bible (the preacher uses the NRSV translation).
- We are a Holy Spirit filled church.
- Our love for family and friends (and enemies!) flows from our love for Jesus.
- We believe that true faith is lived out through acts of service.
- We love to laugh, sing, eat, and build real relationships with one another and with God.
- We open the doors of God’s church to ALL people who come wanting to know Jesus.
Some of Our Key Beliefs Are:
- We worship one God as the three divine Persons of the Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We confess that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and is truly God and truly human.
- We celebrate Gods goodness shown in how Jesus offered Himself to humanity through His life, His crucifixion and death, and His resurrection from the dead.
- It has been a unique gift of the Methodist tradition to emphasize the work of God in bringing men, women, boys, and girls to conviction (knowledge of our need for Gods grace), to conversion (pardon from sin that comes by faith in Jesus Christ as a gift from God), and to Christian holiness (growing in the likeness of God, as we are empowered by Gods grace, both as individuals and as communities).
- We believe the grace of God is available to all persons. Christ is the true light, which enlightens everyone (John 1:9).
- We practice baptism of infants and adults as Christ’s appointed means of bringing people into the fellowship of the church.
- We practice holy communion as Christ’s appointed means of celebrating Christ’s offering for us and the fellowship we have with Christ and with each other.